Massage Your Way Out Of Pain
Do you experience:
- head including migraine?
- arthritic pain?
- knee pain?
- hip discomfort?
- golf or tennis elbow?
- some other kind of long term (chronic) pain?
Then learn to treat these your self and to live a life pain free or painkillers.
Almost just about all pain, particularly chronic pain provides it' s origins in exceedingly tight areas within the muscular program. The most effective method for releasing individuals tight trigger points in muscle tissue is by massage. Massage does not have any side effects and works directly on the reason for the problems leading to pain and also lack of mobility in joints and by significantly the most qualified person to apply that will massage is you.
Why was I my best therapist?
- Only you can feel what is going on when pressure is used
- Only you can apply the necessary pressure to exactly the right place to associated with massage effective.
- Only you might have the ability to apply that massage 2-3 times a day for the few days or even weeks that is necessary to banish that will pain
- Only you will perform all that work and not cost you anything!
So what are the disadvantages?
There are only two. Firstly some areas of the body are hard to achieve and to treat. There are methods around this we' ll look at soon. But most importantly – you do not understand the right places to apply the therapeutic massage.
Many books and content articles will tell you to massage where this hurts. In a manner of talking that' s correct but it' s also so incorrect. The problem is that the muscular result in points that are the cause of the pain in many cases are near the pain itself. Most from the pain we feel is documented pain – the source of the discomfort is not where it hurts. An excellent example of this is the scalenes. These are usually muscles in the side of your throat tight against the cervical vertebrae. You will never feel pain in these muscle groups yet they are constantly supporting the of your head and are usually really tense. This tension shows up throughout the upper body in places such as the mind, shoulder, upper back, chest, arms and also hands. Because the pain is nowhere fast near the neck these important muscle tissue are usually missed in treatment programs and so the problem is often misdiagnosed. Some of these misdiagnoses include arthritis, tendonitis and RSI. Any treatment that will ignores the scalenes has little if any chance of succeeding and so can only provide temporary relief at best. Many unlucky people have spent months or many years trying different therapies and healthcare interventions and spent large amounts of money when some self therapy on their neck may have been all that has been needed.
Any competent actual physical therapist, particularly one trained in result in point therapy should be able to find the troublesome areas that are really causing your discomfort. With this knowledge it' t a simple matter to keep on top of the treatment yourself. You could spend time finding these points yourself but there is a lot of trial and error involved. However, as you go along you will also be releasing tensions within muscles you did not know you needed and that might, one day, have triggered you major problems. Prevention is really much better than cure.
Where will i start looking?
Tracking over the problem areas that are causing pain plus loss of mobility can be tricky plus time consuming. Good therapists will have a brief list of places to look depending on the web site of pain. More often compared to not the problems will be quite near to the pain site but , as mentioned previously with the scalenes in the neck, they may be a long way away. Having said that rubbing any place that feels painful to touch will help to release the tensions in this point and even if they' lso are not directly related to your problem they will assist decrease your overall tension and may avoid problems cropping up in the future.
Other benefits of regular self therapeutic massage include:
- General reduction in degrees of tension
- Improved sleep styles
- Improved skin tone
- Increased knowledge of your own body. You will learn in order to feel quickly when something will not feel right.
- Helps get ready the body for exercise and can take away the lactic acid build up after workout that causes muscle soreness.
How do I do it?
Trigger points, that is places on a muscle tissue that are holding onto a lot of tension best released through firm massage. They will be tender to touch and that is basically a definition of a trigger stage. So you explore the areas round the site of pain for areas that feel painful. Sometimes once you press on one of these places you may feel referred pain or tingling in the problem area. This is really a clear sign that you' ve found one of the main problem points. However, just because a painful trigger point will not refer pain to where you' re hurting that does not mean that the idea you' ve found is not adding to your problem.
You need to begin getting to know your body inch by ” by touch. Deep, penetrating massage therapy is the key and you should spend a good 10-30 seconds working on any tender places. Some say you should massage all the way up down to the bones but upon many, very tense people that might not be achievable for quite some time particularly in places like the legs.
Here a few pointers to help you on your journey associated with self discovery:
- Be company with your massage and try to massage from around 70-80% of your pain tolerance.
- Knots in muscles usually respond best to being massed in a single particular direction, Experiment to see which usually direction is best for that area — it depends on which direction the muscle tissue fibers are running in.
- For your back and other out-of-reach areas a little child' s rubber ball could be invaluable. Put it in a sock then hang it over your own shoulder and rub your back towards a wall. The ball will certainly penetrate and massage the limited muscles. The sock will stop a person from constantly dropping the golf ball and having to pick it up again. The same trick is good for hips plus shoulders as well. In hips especially much of the tension may be very deep as well as your fingers and thumbs may not be sufficiently strong.
- Be kind to your fingertips and hands. Try to vary fault your hand you massage with. Experiment with knuckles, elbows, wrist and so on as well as fingers and thumbs based on which part of the body you are wanting to reach. If you have to use fingertips try to support them with the other hands.
- Try to put next a great 20 minutes every day for this. Within a short space of time you will get to know the body much better and will know which locations are chronically tense and require your attention. Only regular therapeutic massage will release that tension long-term, free you of your pain plus enable fuller movement of the shared.
- Some people prefer to from the head and work down, other people start at the feet and work up. If time is limited you could vary this very day to day some days you' re doing the upper body and other times the lower body.
Remember normal, firm massage is the key to really taking care of your body. It works with so many different varieties of pain because you are directly dealing with the cause of the pain. You' re not merely numbing it with drugs. Regular practice of this will mean you can say goodbye to the drugs and enjoy a larger life, free of pain and with completely working joints.